Splash has been updated to Version 1.1.2. This update addresses two issues:
- The loading icon for infinite scroll now hides when the last page is loaded.
- The next post button in the Post Box now works correctly.
If you have Splash installed, simply reinstall it from your Theme Cloud purchases.
Have you heard about the Float Player?
Introduced in Splash V1.1, the Float Player is a powerful new feature that allows visitors to listen to music posts without leaving the main page or even opening the post. Simply hover over an audio post (this doesn’t include SoundCloud or Spotify embeds) and click on the headphones.
The Float Player will spring from the right and you may control the music like any other player. To close it, simply click the headphones again.
Splash Version 1.1 has landed
Splash has been available for two weeks and as a limited introductory offer - it was free. Today the offer ended but the theme has been updated to 1.1 and it brings a lot.
Included with version 1.1:
- Introduction of the Float Player - The Float Player allows you to play audio posts without having to go to the audio post’s permalink page or open the Postbox. An audio player will appear in the bottom right with the song info, album art, controls (play, pause and scrub) and a cute little visualizer. When the Float Player is open, you can continue scrolling and viewing posts. The Float Player, like the Postbox, is an original feature only found in Splash.
- Option to have a grid layout or a vertical layout - the vertical layout is a single column of posts, however posts with media and captions are separated into two columns. Vertical posts include a footer similar to the one on the permalink page.
- Option to show Facebook link in the global menu.
- Option to show a link for a random page in the global menu.
- Option to show the Subscribe (RSS) link in the global menu.
- Option to change the title of the pages sub menu.
- Option to change the margin around posts.
- Option to hide the post-hover.
- Clicking outside a menu now closes it.
- Radically redesigned the post-hover design, the post-hover now includes a like button, the Postbox button and the Float Player button on audio posts.
- Small appearance fixes; removed a double border in sub menus, reduced the size of permalink menus, positioned the Splash background to the center (horizontally), post notes are not paraphrased to remove important information.
- Small under-the-hood fixes; the infinite scroll loading icon is more reliable, the Postbox code is 3% less bloated, permalink menus no longer create weird white space, tags are no longer draggable in the Postbox.
- Even more mobile friendly, the permalink and Postbox are now responsive.
Are you using Splash?
Splash has been available short of a week and we’d like to hear back from you. How has your Splash experience been? Have you encountered any issues, are there things you’d like changed? Provide us with feedback and we’ll be sure to take it on board for the first update which will land soon.
Remember Book of Boys?
The exclusive Book of Boys theme will be joining the Pixel Lab theme line soon for everyone to use. This theme pioneered many features seen in Pixel Lab themes today, including the advanced lightbox which we call ‘Postbox’ and the gradual loading system seen in Splash.
We can’t promise the rating feature or Parker, but we can promise an awesome new theme soon.
Pixel Lab themes are mobile-device friendly. We’re so sure of it, our website allows you to preview the theme live on an iPhone.
Kinley has been updated
Pixel Lab theme, Kinley, has been updated to version 3.4. This update is huge, while it mainly addresses issues it also introduces some small new features. Here’s a list of the new features:
- Sticky posts - this new appearance tag will insert a post before every other post until it’s pushed onto the second page. Simply tag a post ‘sticky’.
- New post-hover menu design - the old menu was looking a little dated, this new design is cleaner and modern.
Here are the fixes:
- Large posts are now supported by all formats.
- When a page is loading, a loading symbol appears.
- The default background image has been removed. You can get it here.
- The lightbox is much more stable and easier to access, simply click an image or the date.
- Large posts will now be resized to a smaller size when the browser is smaller than the posts.
- The archive, ask and submit links are hidden when using the theme on a phone.
- Options like “Title image height”, “Text above ask box” and “Text above submit box” have been removed due to redundancy.
- The background color now correctly displays on the page.
- Audio posts have been updated to include Tumblr’s new audio post formats.
- Photosets are now more fluid.
- Appearance tags are easier to understand and add to posts.
- Video posts on the index page are now previews instead of the actual embed.
In addition to this update, Pixel Lab’s website now includes full theme documentation.