Issue is the first theme to include Evaluatr
Update: Star-Aurora by Level82 introduced Evaluatr integration in its latest update.
You can read more about Evaluatr and even install it in your blog or theme here.
Help us test Evaluatr
Strange Foreign Beauty is beta testing Evaluatr, a Tumblr plugin by Pixel Lab, that allows visitors to rate posts out of five stars.
Rating posts helps bloggers understand what their audience enjoy and what they don’t. When you rate a post, the average is calculated and added to the post as a tag. On Strange Foreign Beauty, you can find posts by their ratings, once they’ve been rated:
Splash is a clean, modern Tumblr theme with a big introduction from Pixel Lab. Splash uses a grid layout combined with infinite scroll and a powerful lightbox for a responsive experience. Search in Splash dwarfs all other searches I’ve messed with, giving you a simple and minimalist overview of query results without leaving the page.
Splash is for the design savvy and is available for $5 from Theme Cloud.
Splash has been updated to Version 1.1.2. This update addresses two issues:
- The loading icon for infinite scroll now hides when the last page is loaded.
- The next post button in the Post Box now works correctly.
If you have Splash installed, simply reinstall it from your Theme Cloud purchases.
Have you heard about the Float Player?
Introduced in Splash V1.1, the Float Player is a powerful new feature that allows visitors to listen to music posts without leaving the main page or even opening the post. Simply hover over an audio post (this doesn’t include SoundCloud or Spotify embeds) and click on the headphones.
The Float Player will spring from the right and you may control the music like any other player. To close it, simply click the headphones again.
Splash Version 1.1 has landed
Splash has been available for two weeks and as a limited introductory offer - it was free. Today the offer ended but the theme has been updated to 1.1 and it brings a lot.
Included with version 1.1:
- Introduction of the Float Player - The Float Player allows you to play audio posts without having to go to the audio post’s permalink page or open the Postbox. An audio player will appear in the bottom right with the song info, album art, controls (play, pause and scrub) and a cute little visualizer. When the Float Player is open, you can continue scrolling and viewing posts. The Float Player, like the Postbox, is an original feature only found in Splash.
- Option to have a grid layout or a vertical layout - the vertical layout is a single column of posts, however posts with media and captions are separated into two columns. Vertical posts include a footer similar to the one on the permalink page.
- Option to show Facebook link in the global menu.
- Option to show a link for a random page in the global menu.
- Option to show the Subscribe (RSS) link in the global menu.
- Option to change the title of the pages sub menu.
- Option to change the margin around posts.
- Option to hide the post-hover.
- Clicking outside a menu now closes it.
- Radically redesigned the post-hover design, the post-hover now includes a like button, the Postbox button and the Float Player button on audio posts.
- Small appearance fixes; removed a double border in sub menus, reduced the size of permalink menus, positioned the Splash background to the center (horizontally), post notes are not paraphrased to remove important information.
- Small under-the-hood fixes; the infinite scroll loading icon is more reliable, the Postbox code is 3% less bloated, permalink menus no longer create weird white space, tags are no longer draggable in the Postbox.
- Even more mobile friendly, the permalink and Postbox are now responsive.
Are you using Splash?
Splash has been available short of a week and we’d like to hear back from you. How has your Splash experience been? Have you encountered any issues, are there things you’d like changed? Provide us with feedback and we’ll be sure to take it on board for the first update which will land soon.